What are Widget Groups?
A Widget Group is a collection of widgets (also known as UI5 Controls) to provide usable screen layouts as a template.
If you use Widget Groups you will enjoy the following benefits
- Saves a lot of design time in comparison to build layouts only with single widgets
- Read-to-Use Layout Templates see Gallery
- Create your own Widget group from existing screen designs
- Edit Widget groups Independent from your application
Create Widget Group within UI Designer
To create a new Widget group, you have to
- Open an existing or create a new application
- Create your final layout into your app screen
- Test your Layout with Live Preview or in our App Designer on multiple device factors (tablet, smartphone, desktop etc.)
- Save your final Layout into a Widget group
Test your Widget group layout by simulating this on different device types
Leave the Edit Mode by click the exit button in the right upper corner
Integration into UI Designer Widget Workspace
to guarantee an optimal usage you should maintain your Widget categories with clear names and assign each Widget group to a category.
- maintain Widget categories
- assign Widget group to categories
- describe it clearly and short into description
- assign a meaningful icon
You also should create a screenshot for the right preview and an icon
to create a preview screenshot you can use the function “update screenshot”
Change Category, Icon, Preview Screenshot and UI5 Version
to change the assigned category , icon, screenshot and ui5 version you can use the quick edit functionality on the right side of a selected Widget group
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.